Chemo and all...

OK - Here's the story as I know it.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday, Serry will be in the hospital getting some pretty intense chemo. It's just two days, but this stuff is really powerful--so we want it in and out of her system as quickly as possible. She'll still be in the hospital for part of Friday - then be able to go "home" (i.e. stay with family near the hospital). Saturday morning starts the harvesting process over again. That means shots for a few days to up the production of stem cells, then the actual harvesting. Her counts for stem cells were just above 3 when they finished last time... we need, I believe, at least 10 more - 15 was what they were looking at before. It WILL work this time... Serr's had more time to rest... time to let the final effects of the radiation wind down. I'm not sure what happens after the harvest - I think right now we're just looking at the immediate procedures.

Thanks for your love and prayers. Serry can DEFINITELY use them as we head into this next phase.

6 comments:

LorieM said...

Serry, our prayers are with you through this process. Take care of yourself. We miss your smiling face and look forward to seeing you again in Pullman! Lorie

Empress KT said...

Praying for you, Serry, and for your family, too.

Anonymous said...

Serry, keep hanging in there! I am amazed at the process this is for you to go through. Saying this is not easy I'm sure is quite the under statement! But keep taking it one day at a time.
I know I have told you a dozen times but we are praying for your strength, healing and for your spirit to stay strong. We are coming to WA this summer and I pray that we will get to visit with you and you will be on the mend by then! Take care! Love, Brandie

Anonymous said...

Hi Serry - I need you here. I don't know how many times I have left a comment to you only to find out later that it didn't go through! I do think of you -
daily and feel so lost at what I can do for you. Just know that you are much loved and hope that you will feel better real soon.
Sandie

Nara and Andy said...

You know when we were in cross-country and we would be running through Miller up that long hill (over and over again) or out at Mima mounds those muddy trails- the runs were so long and hard but each step lead us to another part of our beautiful run- you have always been an inspiration because you are so mentally tough. Nothing has changed in that regard! This is just another kind of run. I am so proud of you.
Love Nara
Andy too

Anonymous said...

serry,
i just want you to know i love you. i hope you will get thru this process quickly and the stem cell harvesting will go well.

you are in my prayers.

love, aunt debbie hill pfeifer

Design by Blogger Templates