Back & Better than Ever

Hello to everyone who is still checking my blog after a month of inactivity!

I am doing well! I’ve had my PEG and Port out plus re-immunizations and follow-up MRIs. Some of it set me back for days or weeks, but I am now looking to finally healing and then strengthening for the rigors of everyday life. I have new running shoes and walking sticks so I can make it past the mailbox and on into life. I’m trying a new strategy of leaving my brace for my dropped foot at home and using the poles for stability. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

My Mom and I visited my sister in Bellingham last week and took a day to ferry over to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. It was such a beautiful day, saturated with good memories and powerful surprises of how much I have healed. I now have enough wool to spin (on my spinning wheel) for a couple years after we visited the alpaca farm! It was great to go out for my first trip and to visit family and friends.

Though I have been to hell and back, I have realized that this cancer experience has affected a great scope of people, specifically caregivers. This is as much a healing time for them as it is for me. Heavy emotions and worries of my demise can now be laid down and a mantra of optimism and happiness can be picked up. I want to recognize those who have helped me and to let you know that I will be fine and that I couldn’t have asked for anything better – a restart on life with eyes grateful and happy.

I am so very much looking forward to the day I can see all of you again. Thank you for your support and I really hope you are having a great summer!

Serry

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, don't knock the previous author for the month of inactivity. ;)


Love you.

Jenni said...

Wow Serry, that was great to read. Good luck with that walking!

Anonymous said...

Serry, I am so happy that you are starting to slowly but surely get back to "every day" things. I hope and pray that each day you continue to grow sronger and that soon walking will be effortless. I can't wait to hear about all the exciting things you will be doing through the rest of summer and into the fall! Love, Brandie

Sheila Bershatsky (aka: Brooklyn) said...

Hi Serry,

I've been thinking about you and decided to check your block tonight. Wow! Great news. I'm very happy for you and your family.

Best wishes.
Sheila

Design by Blogger Templates