Just Hit Restart

Hello everyone, I hope this finds you well.

The big news this month is that I am moving back to Pullman on Wednesday! I am very excited and so is my family. I have been spending the last month going through my old things and giving a lot of it away to my family and Goodwill. It’s funny how losing 85 lbs. can really change your wardrobe ;).

I’ve finished up on all of my various appointments. I had an MRI on Tuesday and the lesion at the top right of my brain disappeared, so it was just an after affect of the chemo treatments. I’ve been doing lots of PT and am really looking forward to going to the gym at WSU!!

There have been a few setbacks the last few months, so I have felt like one of those punching dummies that keeps righting itself after every blow. I think I will remain upright now as all is going well.

I have been gearing up the last month for my trip back and trying to cram as much life as I can in before I start over in Pullman. It will be great to reconnect with friends there. I am really going to miss the family and friends here on the Westside, but it is good to get back to work.

I had a left accelerator pedal installed in my car Blue so that I can use my more responsive left foot to drive. As it is now, I have been driving by myself for a week now, I Love the Freedom!

Well I still have a whole room to pack so I will update again when I have wireless again and am settled.

Take Care and thanks for reading,
Serry

8 comments:

LorieM said...

Serry, I'm looking forward to seeing you again! We're all so happy that you'll be back. Lorie

Anonymous said...

Serry, I has been just over a year since I last saw you coming off the elevator and you greeting me upon my return! I can't wait to see you come off the elevator back home at Todd!

Gloria

Ann-WSU said...

Woo Hoo Serry. I'll have to go get some fudgesicles to celebrate! We are so thrilled to have you healthy, happy, and back to Pullberg! Can't wait to see you!

Ann

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you are feeling well enough to go back to work. We are wishing you all the luck in world with your move and I pray that you continue to heal as you get back to a "normal" life!

Diane said...

Hi Serry...How are you running shoes holding up? So glad you're back in your own neighborhood..be sure to stay in touch...I'll always remember how hard you fought to make it all happen...you are a courage in action for sure..xxooDiane

Unknown said...

Thinkin of you :)

Linda Pall said...

dEAR (!) sERRY...

tHINKING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR AND ABOUT YOU AND WONDER HOW THIN GS ARE! lIFE WITH MY COMPUTER (oops..caps...) just isn't what it was when you were here.

My own personal terminal disease has backed off a bit (Pulmonary hypertension) and I continue to teach and practice law in Moscow.

Give me a call and let me know what you're up to and what things give your a thrill these days. I can tell you for me it's the fact that Thanksgiving vacation is next week (whew!!!) and I am thankful to be above the turf for another year!

All the best for a great holiday...

Linda Pall
208-882-7255

Mohammad Fanirifanto said...

Hi Serry, nice to see you .. I'm Fani from Indonesia.

Nice blog .. visit mine at : http://ricdetop.blogspot.com/

Keep sharing .

Design by Blogger Templates