8 More Days...

Emily here... just a note tonight.

Serry has 8, count them--EIGHT--more days of radiation left. Serr - I hope you don't mind, but I snagged this off Facebook. Below, folks, is the bell that Serry will be ringing off the hook on November 20th. Ringing OFF THE HOOK. *I* can't wait for that day and I'm not even the one getting the radiation. I'm so proud of my sister!!!
I also hope Serry's Dad doesn't mind... but he commented on Facebook and I wanted to share a little. :) (I'm just plagerizing bit... I hope it's OK! It's nice to hear from more than just me on here!)

-----
Ser was home with me (Dad) this weekend. She was tired, but got lots of love from our Peke's and especially from our "Momma Kitty Callie", who soo loved laying on Ser getting "good rubbins" as we watched tv. Callie really loved Ser!

Ser got to see Kait all dressed up for a audition in Seattle. The three of us watched several movies and I got my share of hugs..... :)

I took her back to her Mom after today's radiation session (8 left). Very soon Ser will have time to recover from these sessions and she can get back to feeling better. I expect that she will get back here for another "Pig Pile" under all of our Peke's :)

-----

(Note to Kaiti - I hope the audition went well!!! :))

Please pray for strength for the next week and a half. It's almost a memory, but it's going to be tough these next few days. Strength, endurance, and most of all, I think, hope. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. ~Hebrews 6:19a

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

galinSerry,
8 more days sounds wonderful at this point in time. I'm glad you got some some "dad time" this weekend. You are well loved. Judy

Unknown said...

I *love* the bell... You'd better ring it more than 3 times!!! *grins*

Jenni said...

Serry,

Eight days? Wow, you really are almost there. We're cheering you on from all over. Okay, I can't resist. What's yellow and goes click, click?

Jenni said...

A ball-point banana.

Tyson said...

Stay strong Serry. Glad to hear that things are progressing well. I hear your parents are going to be in Pullman this weekend. Jesse and I will probably be helping them with some things while they are here. Looking forward to talking with them.

Unknown said...

Count down is on......You are going to have every reason to "ring that bell"!! Keep up your hope, faith, and spirit, Serry.
You have definitely earned the time off to regroup and regain your strength. Know you'll enjoy more time with the family. We were delighted to hear your blood count was up. Emily has done a terrific job on the blog. Sending Prayers and Much Love.

Geneva said...

awesome Serry, stay positive.

Ann-WSU said...

Hello, Serry Honey! Wow! A higher blood count and counting down to your last radiation appointment! I'd love to hear the bell ring, too! I think I had more on my mind to say to you, but I was catching up on your blog, and reading the comments, and my brains are now consumed with the picture of Jesse dressed as Sarah Palin! You should take him up on the offer to borrow the wig. I'd like to see you in her hair! Better borrow the glasses, too. Take good care, and know that we're all pulling for you! Ann

Anonymous said...

Serry, we are all counting down the days with you till Nov. 20th! Just remember:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)
Love ya, Bran

Anonymous said...

Serry,

I've been thinking every day about you since I heard what you were going through 4 weeks ago, for what that's worth. Beating cancer takes more courage than anything I can imagine, but I have 3 friends who have done it (>15 years of delightful health) , with no ill effects. I hope you join them in being permanently cured. In the meantime, I'll pull some strings with some big-wigs and arrange a a swift recovery for you. GET WELL SOON. Love, Jay Elder

Design by Blogger Templates