Chemo and Relay

Hello everyone, here's your long-awaited update as to what's happening in Serry-Land. :)

First of all, Serry's been FABULOUS the past few days. She's gaining strength by the day, very cheerful, and has even been in a few stores finding some excellent deals! :) I'll admit it... yesterday, despite her doctor's appointment, she had WAY more fun than I did during my day.

What's next, though? Well, next Monday she'll scoot on up to the hospital for a five night stay. She will be doing chemo and stem cell transplants during that time. This dose will be a cocktail of three drugs--two of which she's already taken separately. I'm not exactly sure what the process will be, and I think the doctor's will be watching her to see how she responds to figure out just how to give her the medication. I'll keep you updated as we progress.

ALSO... we have started a Relay for Life team. :) We're The Brainiacs!! :) Here's our website: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/brainiacs We'll all be updating the team page AND our personal pages, but at least we've got a start. Relay for Life raises money for cancer research, advocacy, services, and more... it's put on by the American Cancer Society--and their goal is to eradicate cancer... can you imagine? Life without cancer... it's an amazing thought. You can help support the fight by donating today... If you'd like to be on our team, let me know. The event is June 26th through 27th... 24 hours of walking to end cancer. I'll post more about it later and add a link.

I hope you're all having a blessed week...
Emily

6 comments:

Tyson said...

Bauer, it's good to hear that your getting some strength back and getting opportunities to enjoy life. I wish you the best next week. Here's a shout out from OT!

LorieM said...

We in Pullman know Serry's fabulous! I'm really glad to hear there's some fun amongst all the hospital visits! Serry, you remain in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you Brainiacs! Lorie

Jesse Todhunter said...

Hey Serry! Glad to hear that you've been doing well lately. Nice to see Tyson giving you the love too! Similarly, all the best with the next steps.

-Jesse

Anonymous said...

Hey serry, way to go, Keep up the good work, sounds like your doing great!! Please tell Emily I'm interested in the cancer walk! Have a good week. Love judy M

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm up during the bleary hours anyway! I'd be more than happy to join ya'll! :D I'll see if K or Mom want to too! Can I add in more !!!! Why yes, I can!! Heh.

Jenni said...

it's cold and wet in MN. What's the weather like on the left side of the country?

Design by Blogger Templates