Chemo and stuff...

Hello, everyone... greetings from snowy Washington! (OK, so it was snowy last night... close enough!)

I'll be you're wondering how Serry's treatment has been going this week! Well... she started chemo on Monday night after getting all tucked in up at the hospital. They did chemo (I think I have my days right) through Wednesday. She's had days full of walks up and down the hospital hall, reading magazines, checking Facebook, chatting with family and nurses, watching Animal Planet (at least, that's what I heard was happening today!), and I'm sure more. Today was a rest day--no treatment or anything. Tomorrow she'll get some of her stem cells back and then be released to go home. About 24 hours later, she has to head back up to the hospital for a special shot... I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I think it's to motivate those little guys to do their special magic.

Monday she'll go up again for a check up, then Thursday she'll head up for a little more chemo. I'm not sure what happens after that... each "round" will take approximately a month to complete. I'm pretty excited, though, that the big guns have already fired for round one!! I am just imagining the chemo from this week running through her body screaming, "COME ON, CANCER CELLS! I DARE YOU TO SHOW YOUR PUNY LITTLE FACES!!!" I don't know what you all imagine when you think of chemo, but MY chemo drugs sure are fierce. :)

In continuing news... I want to thank everyone who's made a donation on our behalf for The Brainiacs--our Relay for Life team. You make ME stronger just knowing that you care. As a reminder, the link is always on the right of these posts, but here it is again for convenience: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/brainiacs When you go to that link, feel free to click around and see who all is on our team (we're always growing!). You can also do two special things... if you want to donate, just click the Donate button on any of our pages. If you want to join our team and have FUN walking at the Relay on June 26-27 (don't worry - it's not all about running a marathon!!), click Join Our Team at the top. The more the merrier. And if you're a survivor - make sure to include that!!

Thanks you all... you're such a blessing!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So, what kind of diet are you on girl? I wanna know what I can and can't decide on bringing over for you for your birthday, and I need a bit of leadtime *grins* I'm guessing Guiness and other assorted green beers are out...

Anonymous said...

Hi Serry,
Just because it's been so long since I posted doesn't mean I've forgotten you. No way! I keep up on the news, and am so impressed with your progress. I hope you enjoyed Lori's jokes - I did! I was going to send you a link to a cool video about a collapsing glacier in Argentina, but I can't figure out how to find the address to paste in. See, I still need you! So hurry on back to us as soon as you can. Take care.
Chris in Marketing

Jenni said...

Thanks for the update, Em. Serry, I'm thinking about you this week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Serry, just thinking about you and wondering how your week is going. Hope you are home by now!! It is almost spring, hooray!! Loved the snow but time flowers and stuff. We are all good and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are a terrific gal. Tell your family hi. love Judy m.

Design by Blogger Templates