What's that TUBE doing in your stomach???

Hey everyone - quick prayer request. Serry got to meet a bunch of new people last night... as she went to the ER with some concerns about the PEG (feeding tube) in her stomach. It seems that it's becoming uncomfortable, and when she touches the area around it, causes her some severe pain. They were concerned, so off to the hospital she went.

The doctors basically said it's her body getting used to having the PEG in it. The pain may last 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years... it's really up to each individual's body as to how it handles it.

Here's my request. Can you please pray (or if you don't pray, think happy thoughts or SOMEthing) that the pain starts to diminish immediately? That every day there is less and less pain, and then it's quickly GONE? Serry's gone through SO much... and this is her REST time. She needs to use the time NOT in pain so that she can continue to heal for the next round. Thanks everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Serry!

Hope you are doing better today, and the tube is gving you less pain. We are thinking of you, we love you and wish you lots of prayers.

The O'Keefe Family, Jack, Char. Nancy, Linda and Peggy and of course the rest of the gang.
oxoxxoxoxooxxo

Ann-WSU said...

Hi, Serry! Haven't commented in a bit... I've been sick, so I've stayed away. Well, my germs probably wouldn't get to you via the web, but I wasn't up to much! ;-) I'm out and about in the freezing cold, chipping ice from my windshield. BRRR! I hope you're getting some rest and staying warm! I bet that chicken broth went down well! I'm sending you well wishes and warm fuzzies! Ann

Jesse Todhunter said...

Hi Serry. Bummer your tube is giving you trouble. Praying that gets better for you and you can enjoy your rest properly. All the best.

It's way cold here in Pullman. I'll only be here for a little longer as I got a job in Portland!

Jenni said...

yikers! Stomach pain is no good. I'll be praying for you, Serry.

Anonymous said...

Serry, I have been praying that your feeding tube becomes less painfull. That has got to be no fun. Just keep hanging in there. I hope your getting time to rest both your body and mind. Have a very Merry Christmas! And I pray that God continues to the blessing of the tumers going away!

Anonymous said...

Serry think of you often and hope you feel better real soon. You would probably not miss the cold weather here...down to zerro tonite! I have been letting our kitties sleep in and they are so loving it! Know you would understand:)

Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way. Gloria

Design by Blogger Templates