She's 10 feet away from me! :)

Yes, that's right... Serry's just in the other room!

Hi everyone, Emily here again. Serry and Mama Bear made it home last night despite Friday night traffic (which, if you don't live in Western WA--it's something that we all make a goal of avoiding!). For me, it was the absolute BEST thing in the world to give my sister a hug. She wasn't even out of the car when I got my first hug of the night! Although... the dog beat me to her. CW leapt up into her lap to give her as many doggie kisses as she could squeeze in!

We kept it a very mellow evening--just a quiet family dinner, then some rest time on the back deck and in front of the fireplace. Not a LOT to report... but you should know that I think Serry's time at home on the weekends will be as healing for her as the radiation and chemo are. She is getting real sleep here (as opposed to her time in the hospital when she was consistently awakened for someone to check her vitals). She's spent quite a bit of time outside, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the crispness of fall.

I asked her what she'd like to tell her loyal fans (grin) and she said to let you know how much she appreciates your comments on here. They're so heartening, and she just loves to hear from each of you. And who knows... maybe you'll hear from her one of these days...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that Serry made it home for the weekend! I agree that being home heals the body and soul. The feeling of normalcy. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to your faithful updates.
Gloria

Unknown said...

Just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz- "there's no place like home, there's no place like home !" Serry, I check your blog morning, noon and night. I hope you get your much needed rest this weekend - and as always -you're always on my mind. Get well real quick.
Sandie

Anonymous said...

Ser, I am so happy that you are home for the weekend! And Grace I bet your glad to have her home too! I am also just tickled to hear that your cancer is responding to your treatment! I always knew you were a tough girl! Hang in there, we are thinking of you constanly!
Love ya, Brandie

Sheila Bershatsky (aka: Brooklyn) said...

Serry,
I’m so glad you were able to enjoy some fresh air and share the weekend with your family. Hopefully you also enjoyed some home cooking.
Here’s hoping every passing day will bring you closer to your return to good health.
Sheila Bershatsky (aka: Brooklyn)

Ann-WSU said...

Yay, Serry! I'm glad you were able to get some real sleep at home. I don't think hospitals are made for resting. Too many noises and interruptions, and the beds certainly aren't that comfy! I'm sure enjoying the beautiful fall weather helps, too! I had my windows open all weekend, and the sunshine was so welcome. Today is cooler and cloudy, but the golden leaves bring their own kind of sunshine. Think positive thoughts and know we're all pulling for you! Ann

Design by Blogger Templates