Week 2 is underway

Good evening, everyone - Emily here again.

Serry was HOME this weekend--I can't begin to tell you how GOOD it was to have her here. I ended up over there, Gentry (our little sister) came down... it was just a nice weekend.

I was there when Serr got home on Friday... Physically she looked fine, but she was slow, not feeling good, and obviously in pain. That night, however, started some of the most healing time... Here's some of the highlights:

* Smelling the fresh autumn air -- Serry's sense of smell is completely heightened right now and she can smell EVERYTHING. Sitting outside for periods of time just allowed her some peaceful recuperation time.

* Sleeping -- Serry slept a LOT this weekend! (despite staying up with Gentry and I till midnight on Saturday...)

* Fuzzies! -- She got some special fuzzies this weekend to keep her warm!

* HORSES!!! -- Some of our family friends rode three of their Clydesdales down to our place on Sunday! We spent about an hour outside in the sunshine, feeding them apples, scratching their necks and noses, using their rumps as pillows, and just laughing and talking with their humans. (On a side note--Serry and I used to babysit their kids... who are now 23 and 20! Boy do we feel old!!) Thank you to our friends!!! Your big boys sure cheered our Serry up!

* Love -- between the loves Serry gets on here and the big hugs from family... and knowing everyone is rallying around her... I'm not sure when the last time is that I've seen her glow like this.

So... When I left Sunday night, she was still tired, still hurting, but a little more ready to push forward for another week.

Oh, and lest I forget... THANK YOU to Aunt B and Uncle D for letting Serry and Mama Bear stay there during treatment. I hear only warm and happy thoughts coming from your home. And Cousin P, for letting Serry use your room... Gentry warned Serry not to look up. ;)

9 comments:

Carmel said...

Glad to hear y'all got some family time.

Prayers for the whole family continuing from Australia.

Anonymous said...

Hey Serry, Em...
Glad to hear you got some home time this weekend. I suppose we're on opposite schedules, hahaha... I was admitted on Thursday and got out on Sunday!!! We're a little closer to determining my diagnosis, looks like Addison's disease caused by some sort of autoimmune disorder, which means lots of steroids that cause other problems and the balancing act is tricky, but like I said before, I think it's better to have answers that are difficult than to not have answers at all. I'm sooo glad to hear that they are doing what needs to be done, although I think they should have given you some better tattoo options. Rest, rest rest and don't let the nurses and docs get you down. They're supposed to be there for YOU. Please let me know if you need anything, and considered all of yourselves hugged firmly but gently.

Love,
Stormy

Tyson said...

Hi Serry!
Glad you got to have the weekend at home. From Emily's posts it makes me wish I had a farm to retreat to on the weekends. ;-) Sounds like you are gearing up for round two. Go git 'em. You are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone in your OT family.

Jenni said...

Thanks for letting us cyber-people peek in on your weekend!

Serry, you rock. And your family's not too bad either. :)

Geneva said...

Love you Serry! You are awesome!

-Geneva

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great weekend at home. We pray for you every day and ask the Lord to hold you in the palm of His hand as you go through treatment. I know that you probably don't remember us Serry, but please know that we are with you each step of your journey. Mike and Elaine Emans

Jenni said...

Serry, I can't understand what you're experiencing, because I haven't been there. Just remember that you are loved!

Rick and Patty said...

Hey Serry -

I was really glad to read you got to spend some time at home with your family. Your cb family misses you, are thinking about you, and wishes you the best.

Rick Sias

Anonymous said...

Hi Serry!
SO glad you made it home for the weekend. And such nice weather to help lift your spirits. :^)
You've been in our thoughts & prayers every day. What you're going through makes our accident injuries seem like nothing....I can honestly say I've never 'blogged' before, so your cousin is feeling quite old & outdated. Always a first for everything - especially if it's something I can do to send some warm wishes your way :^) 'Guess they can teach us 'old dogs' new tricks after all! Hang in there this week - & they're calling for more good weather this next weekend, so hopefully you can get some more fresh autumn air & sunshine!
Love,
Barb
-& David
Heap

Design by Blogger Templates