Round 11 - Done!

Ding ding ding! Listen to the bell for Round 12, because that's what Serry's going in for tomorrow--Round 12 of radiation!

Hi everyone, Emily here again. It's been awhile since we've had an update, so I wanted to post for you all. :) As I said, Serry's on round 12 of radiation tomorrow--that means she's over 1/3 through with her radiation! She is supposed to have 30 total. She can still tell that the radiation is doing what it's supposed to--the pain in her face and leg have diminished, and I haven't seen her use her walker for a few days!

The weekend was, again, a great time of resting on the farm. Serry even got to see her best friend since 2nd grace (now a doctor in Idaho!). We picked walnuts (though I'm not so sure they were any good... ew!--beating up the tree was fun, though!), spent time resting, and simply enjoyed those toasty rays that came out. It may not be summer anymore, but the sun still has enough warmth to keep us happy!

The radiation seems to be making Serry pretty tired. It has to be exhausting--but, as usual, I'm in awe of her strength. And, as is a likely process for anyone going through treatment for cancer, her hair folicles don't seem to be as strong as they always have been.

I'll leave you with thoughts from her doctors...
Her neural oncologist told her that she doesn't even need to see her this week--because she's progressing so well and is totally responding to treatment the way she needs to be.
Her radiation oncologist said that this is an example of what radiation is supposed to be!

And Dr. Emily (or can I use my Rev. Emily here?) says that your prayers and happy thoughts are coveted, your comments on here appreciated more than you could ever know, and your love felt across the miles.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Serry, It was so great seeing you the other weekend you looked beautifuly and radiant as usual. It sounds like thing are moving right along, wow, what progress you have made. The weather was beautiful this weekend, I bet you just enjoyed taking in the country with it's leave and sun. We think of you and pray for you every day. Love, Carol & clan

Unknown said...

Serry -

Good to hear you're doing well. Hang in there, and know that we're all thinking about you.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Again, great news...so happy that your pain is diminishing...we are still thinking good thoughts for you every single day. Love keeping up with the blog. Take care and know that even in Tenino, people are pulling for you! :)

Cheryl & Scott Frable

Anita said...

Hi Serry,

It's Anita. It was good to hear from you on the blog. I think of you every day and am happy to know you have such strong family support. You hang in there...all of us here pray for you and think nothing but positive thoughts for you. I beleive that you will get through this. Anita

Anonymous said...

Serry, every time I check your blog it sounds like things are constantly getting better. I am so glad that some of your pain is diminishing and that you've been doing well without the walker. You are a true inspiration! I hope your spirits are staying high and know that we think of you constatly! I wish we could see you in person, but we will settle with the blog for now! We are coming to WA for Thanksgiving so maybe you will be up for a visiter then! Keep up the great fight! We are all proud of you!
Brandie

LorieM said...

Serry, I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you and I'm glad you're able to spend so much time with your family. I'm also glad the weather has been nice for you! I understand Jesse will be visiting this weekend. I hope it's a very good visit. Take care and know we're all pulling for you in Pullman. Lorie

Anonymous said...

GO SERRY!!!! You're almost halfway done with radiation!!! I am SO happy to hear that everything is going according to the way it should be. Now you go out there and SHOW EM WHO'S BOSS!!!

Keep it up, kid.

Anonymous said...

Hey Serry Lee,
Past the 1/2 way mark and you are going strong and feeling good results. It sounds like you are handling things with a positive mindset. That surely will help as much as the radiation and the chemo combined. We are very proud of and inspired by you! Lots of love and lots of prayers coming your way from Virginia.

Anonymous said...

Serry, It sounds like you are making great progress...and keeping a really positive attitude...just look how far you've come already! Enjoy the beauty of the country and the warmth of your family...wishing you all the best. Laura

Jenni said...

Hang in there, Serry. You're doing awesome.

Sheila Bershatsky (aka: Brooklyn) said...

Serry, I just opened your blog to read some of the postings and was greeted by your smiling face on the first page. Instantly I began to smile too, even though today is a rainy and dreary day in Pullman. I hope you are experiencing continued benefits from your treatments and continue to smile your contagious smile for all to enjoy.
Warm regards,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hey Serry! It's Ashleigh from OT. I just wanted to let you know that Britt and I are thinking about you daily and you've been in our thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you're almost done with the radiation- or at least halfway through. Just hang in there and before you know it, they'll be over! :) I hope you get to feeling better and know how many people care about you. Talked to Greg and Darlene today- they miss you and are happy to hear the progress. Stay strong girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Serry- I was able to find your blog through Face Book and I am so glad I did! What a journey you have been on--sounds like you are doing well and I am so glad. Please know your in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Stacy (Bacon) Jenkins

Design by Blogger Templates